A naming ceremony is a non-religious celebration of the arrival of a new child. It is a way of welcoming the child and officially introducing him/her to family and friends. A child is the most precious gift in the world so why not celebrate by holding a very special and unique Naming Ceremony.
Naming ceremonies involve the important people in the child’s life. Parents also have the opportunity to ask other adults to play a supportive role to their child through to adult life.
At the ceremony you will receive a keepsake copy of the ceremony, a naming certificate for your child and certificates for the godparents and/or grandparents.
I have a range of resources and sample ceremonies to assist you in making the ceremony unique, special and memorable.
RENEWAL (REAFFIRMATION) OF VOWS
The Renewal of Vows is also known as a Reaffirmation Ceremony. This ceremony is often associated with a special wedding anniversary such as 1, 5, 10, 20, 25, 40 & 50, but the ceremony is appropriate for any stage of the marriage.
In crafting such a ceremony it can be very important to reflect the journey that the couple have been on since they met and committed to one another. You can also include your hopes for the future as a couple or as a family. In making their vows some couples choose to re affirm their original vows. Others decide to re write their vows in celebration of who they are as a couple at present, and who they wish to be in the future.
Renewal of Vows ceremony can be formatted similarly to your wedding ceremony or can have a unique structure as chosen by the couple.
To help mark this beautiful occasion, you will receive a Renewal of Vows Certificate at the end of your ceremony. This can be signed by both partners, two witnesses and myself, and is a keepsake of your special day.
A commitment ceremony is performed when a couple do not want or cannot formalise their union legally. This ceremony is very significant to the couple and can have just as much meaning and commitment to each other as any other union. It is not only about your love for each other, it is about the life you are creating together.
Commitment ceremonies are used for a number of different reasons, such as same sex couples wanting to make a commitment to their partners; heterosexual couples who marry quietly may have a large commitment ceremony later; or couples who have previously separated and may want to demonstrate their renewed commitment.
A commitment ceremony allows couples to pledge to each other to stay for a lifetime together, and the recognition of their union by their family and friends present at this ceremony. The ceremony can be formatted similarly to that of a wedding ceremony or can have a unique structure as chosen by the couple. To help mark this beautiful occasion, you will receive a Commitment Ceremony Certificate at the end of your ceremony. This can be signed by both partners, two witnesses and myself, and is a keepsake of your special day.
My fee for a Renewal of Vows, Commitment Ceremony and Naming Ceremony is $350.
An add-on cost for Naming of addition children is $25 per child.
These fee includes:
- All meetings with you to discuss the ceremony.
- Providing you with information about the framework for the ceremony and exploring with you ideas and opportunities to ensure that your ceremony fits with the overall style of your celebration, but also provides substance.
- Creating the first draft of the ceremony and reworking it as we finalise it.
- Creating, completing and printing the keepsake copy of the ceremony.
- Preparing and completing all other required certificates.
- Travel to and from the ceremony venue.
- Briefing the godparents, grandparents and readers.
- The use of my speaker and microphone for the ceremony.
- The use of my table and 2 x chairs for the ceremony.
- The use of my signing pen.
- Travel by me up to 60 km round trip.
A deposit of $100.00 confirms your booking and is non-refundable. The deposit should be paid at, or within 7 days of our first meeting with me.
The balance of the fee is due 14 days prior to your ceremony. Payments can be made by cash, bank transfer or cheque.
Additional charges apply for:
- Excess travel outside Brisbane ($50)
- Should flights and accommodation be required, the cost will be to the client
- Other special requirements, as agreed.
There are no other hidden costs, add-ons, or extra ‘surprise’ charges.