Your Wedding – Your Way!!
Before you can marry, the law requires that you sign and lodge with your Marriage Celebrant a completed Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form. The form must be lodged with your Celebrant a minimum of one month and up to eighteen months prior to the wedding date.
You will need to give your celebrant evidence of date and place of birth, identity and the end of any previous marriages for each party. Acceptable proof of ID documents are birth certificate, passport, drivers licence, and any relevant divorce/death certificate. These original documents must be shown before your wedding day.
Fees for a Wedding:
There is no set schedule of fees for civil celebrants in Australia. Celebrants may charge a basic fee and then add on extras for travelling, public holidays and high demand periods, stationery and correspondence etc. Celebrants may also charge an inclusive fee, quoted only for individuals once their personal requirements are known. There is one thing that is certain – the cost of a celebrant is one of the smaller costs of your event.
I offer affordable prices for ceremonies. I believe a great ceremony can’t happen without a great script which is why I offer exceptional service and creative unique ideas that will best fit your needs and circumstances.
Friday – Sunday – $550;
Monday – Thursday – $500;
This price includes the following:
- All meetings with you to discuss the wedding, and completing all the relevant forms, including emails and phone conversations;
- Working through and refining a draft ceremony based on your needs;
- Provision of written resources for you to consider in planning your ceremony;
- Conducting, if required, a wedding rehearsal;
- Delivering your ceremony on the day in a joyful and meaningful way;
- Travel to and from meetings with you and to and from the ceremony venue;
- Lodgement of forms with the appropriate Births, Deaths and Marriages authority;
- Providing you with a keepsake copy of ceremony;
- The use of my 2 chairs and table for signing the certificates;
- The use of my signing pen;
- The use of my speaker and microphone for the ceremony; and
- Briefing your photographer, musicians etc on the day.
I will also help you organise your Commemorative Certificate and/or Certified Certificate of Marriage that you can receive from the Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages. There is a fee to be paid for this certificate which is not included in my fees.
A deposit of $100.00 confirms your booking and is non-refundable. The deposit is to be paid at, or within 7 days of your first meeting with me. The balance of the fee is due 30 days prior to your ceremony.
Payments can be made by cash, bank transfer or cheque.
Additional charges apply for:
- Excess travel out of Brisbane ($50)
- Should flights and accommodation be required, the cost will be to the client
- Other special requirements, as agreed.
There are no other hidden costs, add-ons, or extra ‘surprise’ charges.
Please feel free to contact me for more information, to arrange an obligation-free consultation. I service all areas of Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Gold Coast etc.
The deposit is non-refundable.
Where the fee has been paid in full and you cancel at least 14 days before the scheduled ceremony, the fee (less deposit) will be refunded at my discretion.
Limitation of Liability:
My liability in connection with the provision of the celebrant’s services will, to the maximum extent permitted by law, be limited to an amount equal to the full amount of the fee paid for the celebrant’s services. I will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, economic, or consequential cost, loss or damage, suffered or incurred as a result of her acts or omissions, whether negligent or otherwise.